A US-based leading innovator building high energy ignition and flame detection technology products widely used in various industries worldwide. The company has built flame detection products using process-intensive technology that can detect flame from fossil fuels.
- Faced with increased market demand for the products, the company needed to improve the inconsistent and less reliable manual testing methodology, while maintaining the high quality expected by their customers
- The company was not able to meet product demand with the quality expected by their customers due to existing time-consuming, inconsistent and less reliable manual testing methodology
- Designed and Developed Automatic tester equipment to which the Flame Detection mainboard is inserted. This ATE will perform all the defined tests with appropriate results indicated using status LEDs
- Designed and Developed firmware application to run following test cases automatically
- Voltages, Current, frequency, clock & PWM signals within correct ranges
- The temperature read, Relay tests
- Simulate Flame and detection tests
- Hot-plug functionality
- Fault detections
- Performed functional validation of various interfaces (SPI, I2C, MODBUS, UART) with hardware platforms.
- Identified off the shelf commercial mechanical enclosure and created custom cutouts and tools as per requirements.
Firmware Development | Hardware Design | Product Quality Engineering
- The company is able to achieve a reduction of 40% in the test process time by using automatic tester equipment developed by VOLANSYS
- Increased customer satisfaction by delivering consistent product quality
- Ability to meet the increased market demand for their product