A well-known fortune 500 company, having chain of fast food restaurants across the globe.
- The client wanted to track the packets of processed as well as raw food from the factory to freezers in the restaurants and to the garbage, to ensure timely delivery of the packets, usage of food and proper garbage of packets.
- The client wanted to ensure that the food is not consumed after the expiry date and is trashed.
- The client also wanted to improve the inventory management of the food to avoid excess production as well as shortage of supply.
Designed an innovative solution by sticking RFID tags on the food containers for tracking. Deployed VOLANSYS’ Modular IoT Gateway in the restaurants to gather information about the packets from RFID tags using strategically located RFID readers. Deployed ZigBee based temperature sensors to monitor freezer temperature via Modular IoT Gateway. The gateway also facilitates storage of the tag information during the loss of internet connectivity.
The tag information goes to the cloud software where it is stored and processed using Blockchain technology to derive various useful analytics for better decision making. Blockchain facilitates permanent storage of the information securely and allows the availability of the information in various forms to relevant decision makers.
- Design of custom gateway firmware for the solution including the integration of RFID reader libraries and cloud agent
- System integration of RFID readers, gateway, cloud and temperature sensors
- Development of complex algorithms to remove duplicate tags, cloud connectivity management and storage of up to 100K tags information
- Design of cloud application for processing and presentation of the information
- Efficient management of food inventory with smarter workflows, reduced supply-chain cost, visibility across all warehouses/locations.
- In-time trashing of expired food to save the users from accidentally serving expired food.